The average lifespan of a helmet is about five years, which can be far less without adequate care. Investing in a good equestrian helmet bag can go a long way toward improving the durability of your helmet.
Best Equestrian Helmet Bag
Equestrian helmet bags protect the helmet that protects you. Some of the most effective bags often come with a soft interior lining to protect your helmet and prevent scratches. With that in mind, here’s our guide to help you choose the best equestrian helmet bag.
This bag is made with durable nylon ripstop fabric that helps protect your helmet from scrapes and knocks during transport or storage. The outer material is a breathable, waterproof nylon—so no water or dust will be getting through to your helmet.
Once safely nestled in this bag, with its convenient handle attached to the top, it’s easy to grab and go. That same handle comes in handy should you like to hang the bag up for safe storage.
This sleek-looking bag is about 16.5 inches in length, 11 inches wide, and 9 inches tall—which is ideal for horseback riders and cyclists looking for a compact bag for standard-sized helmets. It’s also quite easy to clean.
- Size – One size
- Color – black
- Measurements – 16.5″ long x 11″ wide x 9″ tall
- Material – Ripstop nylon fabric
- Weight – 0.34 lbs
- Best for – Bicycle and horseback riding helmets
- Well-made with sturdy, durable ripstop nylon fabric
- Lightweight, easy to grab and go
- Fits perfectly with standard-sized helmets
- Has sleek, professional look
- A convenient handle makes it easy to store and carry
- Waterproof exterior prevents water from entering bag
- Plenty of room inside
- No padding on the inside
This bag is designed to meet all your equestrian needs. It is made with high-quality 1200D Oxford fabrics, making it waterproof and extremely durable. As such, water cannot penetrate the bag and damage your helmet or other belongings.
Additionally, the bag features an ergonomic design that is excellent for horseback riding. This includes a rucksack with a padded back and shoulder as well as adjustable waist and shoulder straps that help reduce the pressure on your body.
The bag is large with compartments for storage. There is ample space to fit your helmet along with other, smaller pockets for personal items.
Apart from being durable, the bag’s frame allows it to stand on its own.
- Color – Brown, Purple
- Measurements – Adult/Teenager Edition: 21.7” length x 14.2” width; Kids Edition: 17.3” length x 9.8” width
- Material – High-quality waterproof and durable Oxford material
- Weight – Adult Edition: 6 lbs; Kids Edition: 2.2 lbs
- Best for – All-purpose kids and adults equestrian storage
- Multiple compartments for storing your helmet and other horseback riding gear
- Padded and adjustable back and shoulder straps allow for easy and comfortable carrying
- Adjustable ergonomic waist strap relieves pressure from the shoulder
- Bright colors children appreciate
- Sturdy, durable construction with high-quality Oxford fabrics
- Kid’s edition is lightweight
- The quality of the zippers could be better
- The price for the kids and adult bag is the same
This bag is made to last with high-quality microfiber leather and reinforced canvas lining. These materials are thick, strong, and environmentally friendly with low levels of VOC (volatile organic compounds). The materials and waterproof design make it resilient to common wear-and-tear aging. This bag certainly delivers when it comes to protecting your equipment from the elements.
The bag’s large, multi-functional storage capacity is excellent for a wide range of equestrian gear. In addition to incorporating a helmet compartment for carrying your horseback riding helmet, it also has sufficient space to store gloves, short boots, long boots, riding boots, body protector, etc—all for a reasonably affordable price.
- Color – Black, Black0, Blue, Pink
- Material – Durable microfiber leather surface
- Lining – Canvas
- Measurements (Black/Black0) – 17.7” length x 9.06” width x 20.5” depth
- Helmet compartment (Black/Black0) – 9.06” length x 5.9” width x 11.8” depth
- Boots compartment (Black/Black0) — 11.8” length x 9.06” width x 20.5”depth
- Weight (Black/Black0) – 3.3 lbs
- Measurements (Blue/Pink) – 19.29″ length × 8.27” width × 17.91” depth
- Helmet compartment (Blue/Pink) – 8.27” length x 5.12” width x 11.02” depth
- Boots compartment (Blue/Pink) – 14.17” length x 8.27” width x 17.91” depth
- Weight – 2.6 lbs
- Best for – Optimal storage and transportation of equestrian helmets and other gear
- Convenient helmet compartment
- Variety of color options
- Long-lasting microfiber leather construction—with a natural leather look and feel
- Multi-purpose storage compartments horseback riding gear
- Breathable and waterproof design
- Shoulder straps are padded
- Leather surface easy to clean
- Large storage capacity
- A recent online customer noted an off-putting smell that went away after a few days
English Riding Supply is known for the import and distribution of quality horseback riding apparel and equipment consolidated from famous brands such as Camelot and Pessoa. Regarding the Pessoa Alpine 1200D—this small, posh design does not disappoint.
Thanks to its lightweight construction and compact design, this bag is particularly great for growing children interested in horseback riding. The use of nylon and Lycra provides excellent flexibility for younger children and the handle makes it easy to carry.
The bag features a One K Defender Refit Liner with three shells, with the base shells being medium, large, and X-large. If your liner does not fit properly, you can easily change it to keep your helmet show ready.
While the bag uses Ovation Zocks cover to protect it from the elements, arguably the best feature of this bag is its exceptional stretching capability. It is made with a combination of 1200 denier Oxford polyester alpine plaid fabric and a stretchy nylon + Lycra cover that allows it to accommodate any helmet. According to the manufacturer, this material is washable, quick dry, and anti-microbial to protect you against harmful microbes.
- Color — Blueberry/Clay Plaid, Juniper/Clay Plaid, Navy/Black, Navy/Black
- Measurements – 14” length x 9.5” width x 11” depth
- Material (General) – 1200 denier Oxford polyester alpine plaid fabric
- Material (Cover) – 17 percent Lycra, 83 percent nylon
- Lining – One K Defender Refit Liner
- Best for – Kids and women
- Several color options
- Lightly padded with One K Defender Refit Liner
- Sturdy, durable, and flexible interior construction using blend of nylon and Lycra
- Strong Ovation Zocks cover helps shield the bag from the elements
- The bag can stretch to fit any helmet
- Breathable and waterproof
- Material contains anti-microbial properties
- Front pocket can accommodate hair accessories and keep them secure with a hook and loop closure
- Handle is woven fabric for an easy grip
- Limited storage compartments
- Padding is minimal
The durable, rugged material surrounds a roomy interior with a rubber texture at the bottom. The interior layers are padded with soft cushioning to protect your helmet while in transit. The top has two areas for extra storage for personal items (like a set of keys). The top flap of the cover has a small—but handy—reflective plastic mirror sewn into place.
The exterior itself is well-constructed with a waterproof material that wipes off with incredible ease. There is a large outer pocket for additional storage—great for phone, wallet, or keys during a horseback riding adventure.
Like the UNISTRENGH Professional Horse Riding Boot Bag, this bag features an adjustable shoulder strap that also doubles as a grab handle. Based on feedback from one customer review, you can easily remove the strap completely when you don’t need it.
- Measurements – 11.8″ length x 9.6″ width x 8.3″ height
- Material – Rugged, waterproof nylon
- Weight – 1.5 lbs
- Best for – Riders who need extra storage
- Durable, rugged construction
- Ample interior space for storing multiple items
- Convenient exterior pockets for additional storage
- Lightweight construction
- Bottom features a rubberized texture to minimize wear and tear
- Waterproof exterior
- Padded interior to cushion your helmet when traveling
- Shoulder strap is adjustable for maximum carrying comfort
- Could use more padding
- The bag may come with a repulsive odor that takes some time to dissipate outdoors, according to one online review
Your horse riding helmet protects your head from sustaining injuries in the event of a fall. It’s in your best interest to ensure its longevity with a good storage bag. Our top five picks are affordable for riders of all levels and will help keep dirt, dust, and other debris off your helmet between rides.
Once you determine the size and features of your helmet, feel free to use our buyer’s guide to help you pinpoint the best equestrian helmet bag for your particular needs.
Best waterproof equestrian helmet bag:
The HORZE Equestrian Bicycle Riding Helmet Easy-Carry is a great choice for riders whose helmets are prone to water damage. It is simple, compact, and offers excellent features for a small helmet. Its material consists of waterproof nylon, which will help maintain the quality of your helmet by keeping out water and harmful debris.
Best equestrian helmet bag for kids:
If your kid is into horseback riding, he/she will love the UNISTRENGH Professional Horse Riding Boot Bag Helmet Bag for storing all of their equestrian essentials. The bag is stylish and comes in both kids and adult sizes—great for parents looking for a matching set with their child.
Best equestrian helmet bag for comfort:
If you are looking for a helmet sack that will provide maximum comfort for your helmet during transport, you should consider the UNISTRENGH Professional Equestrian Bag. The bag comes with padded shoulder straps to keep the straps from hurting your shoulders when traveling. It also stands by itself—so you can easily lean it up against a tree or other object when resting.
Best compact equestrian helmet bag:
The Pessoa Alpine 1200D Helmet Bag is the best compact equestrian helmet bag. The bag is round and solid to accommodate a few equestrian essentials. As such, it is perfect if you just need a small bag for storing your helmet and a couple other horseback riding supplies such as your sunscreen, socks, balaclava, goggles, gloves, etc.
Best equestrian helmet bag for storage:
If you need a large equestrian bag for extra storage, the One Stop Equine Shop Padded Helmet Bag is an excellent choice. This bag is specifically designed for large helmets. Its large size and wide double-zipper opening on top opens up completely to accommodate your belongings. Also, the zipper is sewn along the top so you can conveniently place your helmet and other supplies in the deep part of the bag.
The best equestrian helmet bag will combine durable materials to protect your helmet from scrapes and knocks when you are not wearing it. There are a variety of options to suit different personalities. Hopefully our guide will help you choose a suitable bag for your helmet.